Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Episode One: This is it.

I've had lots of "this is it" moments in my life, moments when I, with great conviction and hopefulness, decide that everything will be different from this point on.  This is it--the moment I completely give up eating mini candy bars off random desks at work.  This is it--the turning point when I promise myself that I'll go jogging everyday for the rest of my life, rain or shine, sleet or snow. This is it--I'll never slouch again, ever. This is it--today is the day I begin meditating every morning before I do anything else.

The thing is, this is never actually it.

I still eat Hershey Dark Chocolate minis out of candy bowls at work every chance I get.
If I jog more than four days in a row, it's a miracle.
My posture is still horrible 98% of the time.
and I haven't meditated in God knows how long.

So, now that you've been warned, take this for what it's worth--this is it, the moment when I begin blogging regularly.  The day when I decide to start sharing snippets of my life on this blog with loved ones, friends and perhaps a few strangers on a somewhat regular basis.

This is it.  No really, it is.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha! So true. I guess I should update my music collection to include the Goo Goo dolls and Hootie and the Blowfish too huh?

      Delete